WHY HAVE A POSTPARTUM DOULA?
If you are a first time parent, you are probably realising that there is a lot you don’t know about taking care of a newborn. You may be craving a trustworthy person you can go to with questions. And, if you’re an experienced parent you know exactly how challenging newborns and postpartum recovery can be. You may want someone to lean on when the inevitable overwhelm hits. Your doula will be your guide through the new stuff, the overwhelming stuff and the stuff that wasn’t even on your radar, Your doula will take the stress out of being a new parent and help you find your confidence and joy.
WHO DO DOULAS WORK WITH?
We work with first time parents, experienced parents, single parents, parents in blended families, twins, triplets, preemies, medically fragile infants, infants born with physical and/or cognitive differences, exclusively body fed/breastfed babies, exclusively bottle fed babies, combo fed babies, exclusively pumping parents, parents with mental health challenges, babies who bedshare, babies who crib sleep, babies who are recovering from surgery, parents who are recovering from c-sections, parents who have a home birth, parents who had a hospital birth, babies with reflux, and more.
WHAT CAN A DOULA DO FOR YOU?
- Help you discover your infant’s secret language
- Provide hands-on body feeding, breastfeeding and bottle feeding help
- Teach general baby care skills
- Educate on what is normal and what is not
- Spend time with siblings
- Meal prep and light housekeeping
- Be someone safe to talk to about parenting and life
- Problem solve challenges
- Create systems to thrive as a new parent
- Give referrals to local care providers and resources